About Me

My photo
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Mid 20s Stay at Home Mummy to Master A and Wife to DH, Michael. This blog will document my life as i try to become more sustainable, a fun mum and maybe even a domestic goddess- is there even such a thing?

Monday 20 August 2012

Re-Use Formula Tins

Trying to stream-line the house is becoming more and more difficult  now everything has a home, I have been saving the formula tins for a "rainy day". Then the other day as Master A was throwing them around the study and I was trying to tip-toe around them and not trip on my face, how silly a idea it was to save them considering he has moved on to toddler milk so we won't run out tins in the future.

I started to investigate ways to use them and then actually DID it! Instead of writing a list I got up and followed through, baby steps but Pinterest I have you in my sights! "I'm a Pinner, not a Do'er" No More!

Some of these ideas I haven't tried but I can't wait to give them a go...Poor Master A clung to his last two tins and ran off down the house with them to save them from crazy crafty mummy, it's ok I got them back while he was asleep Muahahaha!

I still need to do 13,14,15 and 18...and give Master A back two so he can have his drums back :/ bad mummy...

  1. Use them in the shed for nuts & bolts and all that other man stuff
  2. Use a drill to make patterns on one and create a candle holder, I have mine all drawn on with marker ready for hubby.
  3. Good ol' drum set
  4. Store plastic bags in, just cut a "X" in the lid
  5. Pour unwanted oils in and put in freezer
  6. Store dead batteries in to dispose of safely
  7. Store buttons, ribbons, safety pins, beads, marbles all those little crafty things
  8. Store home made laundry detergent or anything that isn't liquid
  9. Cut a hole in the lid and stuff full of scrap fabric, I ripped up a old sheet I was just going to toss but make sure you check for fraying and make sure its cut long enough to avoid choking but short enough to avoid strangulation 
  10. Paint cans
  11. Ashtray, I put one on the front step so hopefully one of hubby's friends will get the hint they go in there and not on our front lawn. 
  12. Rolling rattle toy, I just stuffed some soft drink lids and other crap that I didn't want Master A putting in his mouth in, you can hot glue or duct tape the lid down if your worried about it being opened
  13. Make a cookie can for presents or any baked treats.
  14. Colour coded tins for a colour matching game
  15. Centrepieces
  16. Paint and put a animal themed stencil on one for pet treats, I've also used one for animal meds
  17. Put a slit in lid to put lids into, just make sure they aren't too small, like the soft drink lids.
  18. Bolt to a bit of wood and paint a nice colour for the entry or back door storage
Next week I think I'm going to tackle toilet and cardboard rolls, do you have anything you have saved for a rainy day that you don't really know what to do with?

I shall upload photos onto my facebook page tomorrow as it is alot easier than uploading them onto the blog...or maybe I'm just not doing it right? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment