About Me

My photo
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Mid 20s Stay at Home Mummy to Master A and Wife to DH, Michael. This blog will document my life as i try to become more sustainable, a fun mum and maybe even a domestic goddess- is there even such a thing?

Friday 15 June 2012

Frugal Friday- Power Reads

I love my books, when I was younger I was the biggest bookworm, now I'm older I find the time to enjoy a book less and less. Deb from Home Life Simplified introduced me to Power Reads a few months ago and I love it! I signed up for the emails and I get a list of free e-books for the day that I can download to my iPhone. As a hardcore book lover it took me a little while to get used to the coldness of reading this way, I miss the smell of books and flicking through the pages. But I do love that they're not taking up space in my tiny house, that it's one less thing my toddler can rip off the shelves and something more valuable can go higher up now. And my toddler can't rip the book from my hands to have a "read" himself, when I say "read" I mean chew and destroy. And if we ever move again I won't have to move them, saving money and time and did I mention this is FREE! Yipeee! I must have saved $150 since I started, the most expensive book I got for free was $30 but most are for $0.99-$5.00

Got. To. Love. That!

No comments:

Post a Comment