About Me

My photo
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Mid 20s Stay at Home Mummy to Master A and Wife to DH, Michael. This blog will document my life as i try to become more sustainable, a fun mum and maybe even a domestic goddess- is there even such a thing?

Friday 1 June 2012

SYL Week 22- Declutter

Week 22 is about de cluttering. If you had to move what would you take with you? When I finally organised my photos a few weeks ago I couldn't believe the amount of STUFF that was crammed into my little house, it felt claustrophobic and I thought moving would fix it. But of course I needed all this STUFF and hubby had a room crammed full of STUFF so why should I try?
Then we did move and we turned it into a game who could get rid of the most STUFF, two giant glass cabinets family gave us were left at our father in laws big house where they fitted in much better and looked like they belonged rather than jammed into our little house, looking out of place.

Moving back to our little house, I have used plastic storage tubs to contain things we're not using or don't have room for just yet to keep the house looking tidy and its so easy to do, I don't know why I didn't do this before. And I also have another plastic tub for donations to the Salvos in the lounge room.

But this has been a work in progress I have been getting the emails from Flylady for years but ignored them thinking "I don't need them, I don't have a problem, I NEED all this STUFF" It has helped having a clear vision for each room to slowly work through all my stuff.

And i've been thinking of having a regular 27 fling boogie on my FB page

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you are coming from! It is truly amazing the amount of stuff we accumulate and tell ourselves that we need. We moved ten weeks ago and are still unpacking and finding homes for things and de-cluttering along the way. It's definitely a work in progress!! I have come to realise that plastic tubs are the way to go too. Especially for kids toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As good as i thought I was, we just packed up 20 boxes of stuff to store under the house although half was Master As baby clothes, so much more space now! I love the tubs although Master A has decided to crawl in and sit in them then cry because he can't get out or try to stand on one and go head over heels :( might have to look for different storage now

      Delete