About Me

My photo
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Mid 20s Stay at Home Mummy to Master A and Wife to DH, Michael. This blog will document my life as i try to become more sustainable, a fun mum and maybe even a domestic goddess- is there even such a thing?

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Trust your instincts

Trust your instincts, too often we push down that little voice inside of us or that feeling in our tummy. Today, I had one of those feelings.

Poor Ashton was busy screaming his little lungs out this morning and I was a little frazzled when Cleo started to growl and yap madly too, then I heard a lady out the front knocking, I answered the door to a lady asking if a Tracy Jones (names have been changed) lived here, I replied " no, sorry. I've lived here for three years". A little odd I thought someone asking for someone after so long. She apologised and left, but I saw her car and husband still in the driveway.

She came back 5-10 minutes later and asked to use my phone and that she had money to pay for using it, that she had been up the road to a neighbour who was this lady's relative and gotten this "Tracy's" phone number, she explained that she was a relative and was going to family reunion, my tummy felt a bit funny, Why hadn't you used this relatives phone? I thought. But replied over the top of Cleo yapping madly that, "sorry, my phone has been disconnected". She continued to explain that she had been travelling for two days and was desperate. I repeated that I was very sorry, but my phone was out of order again and she left.
I made sure the doors were dead bolted and thanked my lucky stars we had put security mesh on all our front windows and front door so no one could see in.

I feel a little guilty, so often we hear how no one is nice to any one these days, was I also one of these mean people now? What if my feeling was wrong? If my husband had just been home I would have let them use my phone on the front step. But then I hugged my son tight and remembered all those nice people that do the right thing and get taken advantage of. My poor little dog knows I'm nervous and keeps wanting to go outside to check the yard to make sure we're safe. It's funny how our pets know when we're upset :)

Have you ever trusted your instinct? Did it turn out to be right?

No comments:

Post a Comment